Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture from multiple remote machines

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:08:23 +0100

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Ozan T <ozan.tcn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Patrick ,

Thank you, it works!

Sorry, it is my mistake I thought rpcapd and "Remote Interfaces" wer just for Windows machines. Here , I see it works well on Linux and BSD also.

Thanks again.

Ozan.

Hi Ozan
Can you share with us some pointers about remote interfaces on linux? I digged a bit but I just found some infos about compiling rpcapd on linux using the winpcap source code, but nothing about telling my linux wireshark that remote sniffing is supported. Under "remote interfaces" I find "this version of wireshark doesn't support [...]".
Do you have a linux/bsd-only setup?
Thanks
Dario.