Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building under OSX Yosemite using cmake

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:10:00 -0800
On Nov 10, 2014, at 12:43 PM, David Ameiss <netshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've run into some issues building on OSX Yosemite with Xcode 6.1 and cmake. Fortunately, I seem to have solved them...
>
> - Qt 5.2.1 doesn't build properly on Yosemite (can't recall the specific error offhand), but Qt 5.3.2 builds (and seems to work) fine

So does downloading a binary package, and it takes a *LOT* less time. :-)

Yes, macosx-setup.sh currently downloads the source; unfortunately, there's no way to completely automate installing a binary package, as far as I know - it still pops up dialogs - but maybe we should just go with that anyway.

> - With the Xcode 6.1 command-line tools for Yosemite, for some reason "-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/headers" gets put into the command line. This causes a whole raft of strange compile problems, apparently since the headers in that location are not complete. I did not run into this issue under Mavericks. I was able to work around this problem by adding "-D CMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK=LAST" to the cmake command line.

It sounds, from the workaround involving a CMake flag, that this indicates that it's CMake that's putting that into the Makefiles it generates.  Is that the case?

> - Related to Bug 10640... not only does upgrading from Mavericks to Yosemite break the /usr/X11 link, it also breaks the /usr/X11R6 link (/usr/X11R6 --> /opt/X11), which prevents <cairo.h> from being located. Simply "ln -s /opt/X11 /usr/X11R6" to fix this one.

Presumably that's only an issue for the GTK+ build.