Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] On which platforms is there a need for Wireshark to have a "

From: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 08:30:51 -0500
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

... snip ...

> I'm *really* trying to understand the reasons why an additional "select the language"
> option, over and above a system "select the language" option, is useful,
> and whether it's useful in *all* environments or only in ones where there
> isn't a system "select the language" option.

Here's my take on the subject (not that it happens often) ...

Sometimes I may find myself having to use someone else's computer in
some other country.  That machine has been set to the local country and
language and keyboard.  As an English speaking Canadian I sometimes
get frustrated when confronted with an unusual keyboard or language setting
and still need to get my job done.

Finding and changing 'system' settings and/or reboots or logouts to change
the settings to something so that I can now use Wireshark (or other apps)
... can... at times ... be frustrating.

Having such a localized mechanism could, in those rare moments, relieve my
frustrations (If I could remember it existed, and be able to find it
when needed.)

Fulko