Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] On which platforms is there a need for Wireshark to have a "

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:45:14 -0800
On Nov 6, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the vast majority of users would always use their system-wide language setting, with the users who don't being, for example, developers working on translations, and there's a way to, for example, override it with an environment variable, perhaps that's sufficient.

And if Wireshark doesn't obey the system-wide language setting with the (mis-named) "Auto" setting for language (I'm looking at *you*, Qt Wireshark on KDE 4...), that's a bug and needs to be fixed.

("Mis-named" because it should be something such as "System setting", to indicate what defines the language.  I'll fix that.)