Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master 1119eb6: generate ALIGN_TO_x_BYTE

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 07:09:48 -0500
This and the subsequent commit (61676733b451bc8b3a83dee47df71c5ffe3f19dd) that regenerated all of the DCE/RPC dissectors doesn't pass the "eye test" to me.  The newly generated code now has a lot of what appear to be "duplicative" calls to ALIGN_TO_x_BYTES.  The second call is effectively a "no-op" because the bytes have already been "aligned", but does waste a small amount of processing power.  Looks like some additional logic in NDR.pm may be necessary to prevent the duplication.

Am I just missing something here?