Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] On which platforms is there a need for Wireshark to have a "

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 06:49:45 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Guy Harris wrote:
>> but in home I want to
>> use Italian Wireshark and sometimes Polish/English. Set language in
>> GUI is really helpful.
>
>Is the ability to set the language on a *per-application* basis, rather than on a system-wide basis, really helpful to very many users?

It doesn't seem so to me, although I sometimes use different locales. If I wanted to set language per-application in Windows, it can still easily be done with a batch file by setting the environment variable first.  I would note, too, that QtLinguist, whose authors may actually have considered this issue, does respect the system locale, but does not provide a separate means of setting the language.

Ed