Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation error in ws_mempbrk_sse42.c

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:51:01 +0000
On 5 November 2014 11:49, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5 November 2014 11:31, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 On 4 November 2014 20:34, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 4, 2014, at 12:05 PM, Stephen Fisher <stephenfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

According to

        http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/07/19/c99-library-support-in-visual-studio-2013.aspx

VS 2013 adds <stdint.h>; I don't know whether that means you need MSVC 2013 or later to build ws_mempbrk_sse42.c.  I also don't know whether, with your change, ws_mempbrk_sse42.c still needs to include <stdint.h> on Windows.

VS2010 also has <stdint.h>.

And my copies of MSVC2010/MSVC2013 compile fine the top of tree without stdint.h inclusion. I will upload a patch removing it.

I'm a bit uncertain about that, I much prefer the direct inclusion of the header that declares the things that the subsequent code is using.  Presumably the header file is being sucked in elsewhere.

It is not included elsewere: it was required to get the definition of int8_t. If you revert Stephen's patch and remove stadint.h inclusion, compilation fails (as expected).

Ah, OK, I wasn't paying full attention to the thread.

--
Graham Bloice