Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation error in ws_mempbrk_sse42.c

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:31:19 +0100
 On 4 November 2014 20:34, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 4, 2014, at 12:05 PM, Stephen Fisher <stephenfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

According to

        http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/07/19/c99-library-support-in-visual-studio-2013.aspx

VS 2013 adds <stdint.h>; I don't know whether that means you need MSVC 2013 or later to build ws_mempbrk_sse42.c.  I also don't know whether, with your change, ws_mempbrk_sse42.c still needs to include <stdint.h> on Windows.

VS2010 also has <stdint.h>.

And my copies of MSVC2010/MSVC2013 compile fine the top of tree without stdint.h inclusion. I will upload a patch removing it.

Pascal.