Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ctype.h calls

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:52:52 -0400
On 10/28/2014 02:25 PM, Ed Beroset wrote:
Jeff Morriss wrote:
Is there any reason the remaining ctype.h calls in master shouldn't be
removed [and the functions put on the prohibited list in checkAPIs.pl]?

One of the calls in <ctype.h> is tolower() which is used in wsutil/strncasecmp.c.  Could we simply remove that entire file and use g_ascii_strncasecmp() instead?

Good point: we prohibited strncasecmp() years ago so there's no need for it to exist any more.

https://code.wireshark.org/review/4980