Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] File Seek Change

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:48:51 -0700
On Oct 25, 2014, at 1:50 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://code.wireshark.org/review/527 has been bouncing around since
> March; I think the current version is ready to go (and it's only a
> handful of lines changed) but I'd appreciate if somebody else could
> take a look before it falls off the edge of the map for 4th time.

I think the current version is ready to go into the bit bucket, as it appears not to be necessary; TShark, as built from the top of the trunk as of now, *without* those changes, was quite capable of reading, from an xzcat pipe, a huge pcap-ng file, and my analysis of the code (see the comments on the review and in bug 9710, and the comments I've added to the file_wrappers.c code) indicates that those changes shouldn't make any difference.