Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ARM Build

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:06:53 -0700
On Oct 15, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> packet-mac-lte.c: In function 'dissect_mac_lte':
> packet-mac-lte.c:5334:39: error: 'rapid_description' may be used
> uninitialized in this function [-We
> rror=maybe-uninitialized]
>                 expert_add_info_format(pinfo, ti,
>                                       ^

The compiler's wrong, but I redid the code a bit so that rapid_description will always be set.  That's not an ARM issue, except perhaps to the extent that the dataflow analysis has architecture-specific parts, with the ARM version not recognizing that this isn't a problem (or with other versions not having the chance to incorrectly decide it is a problem).

I've checked a change into the trunk, which simplifies the code a bit.