Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] DCERPC (idl2wrs & pidl)

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:08:03 +0200
Hi,

Like you have see, i work to fix the last warning on DCERPC generate
dissector...

i have a major question about idl2wrs and Pidl :
There is 2 different tools to generate Wireshark dissector for idl file :
* idl2wrs (in epan/dissectors/dcerpc folder)
* Pidl (in tools and epan/dissectors/pidl).

Somebody known, why there is 2 tools ? (there is a plan to move to
first tools to a another ?)

there is a lot of check about tree (parent_tree) like :
    if (parent_tree) {
        item = proto_tree_add_item(parent_tree, hf_index, tvb, offset,
-1, TRUE);
        tree = proto_item_add_subtree(item, ett_mapi_mapi_request);
    }

This check is no longer needed (and may be removed ?)

Also for Pidl, some idl/cnf dissectors files have a subfolder (like
mapi or rfr...)
May be move all pidl files in a subfolder and add Makefiles to
generate (and move/copy files)

Also thanks to Michael to have fix the pidl generator..

Regards,