Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Translation tools

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 17:26:42 +0200
I tried to start a new translation (italian). After I run lupdate/lrelease, I found the following files modified (other than the ones I modified):

modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_en.qm
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_en.ts
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_fr.qm
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_fr.ts
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_ja_JP.qm
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_ja_JP.ts
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_pl.qm
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_pl.ts
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_zh_CN.qm
modified:   ui/qt/wireshark_zh_CN.ts

Having a look at the diff, I figured out that something has changed in the source files, and that change was not ported to the "compiled" ones. Am I right? What should I do with those changes? Keep them or discard them?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Dario Lombardo
<dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is now possible to translate the Gui of Wireshark (with Qt)
>>
>> Actually, there is start of French translation, Polish (Thanks Michal)
>> and Japanese (Thanks martin & Megane)
>

> How one can start a task like that? Is there any documentation?
Hi Dario,

If you have ready to use Qt Linguist, you can look README.qt (in docs folder)
There is all steps for add new translation

Regards