Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 22:16:15 +0200
On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM,  <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Console App written in C(++) and not have the ugly console window pop up when you start
> capturing.
>
> If these are indeed "intended limitations", than yes documenting on the Wiki
> would be a good start.

This is the way how it works in Windows.

If you want to get rid of that console window you can change the
application type to Windows application (the difference is just one
byte in PE header). This will get your application to start without
standard handles (stdin, stdout, stderr). This is what I am going to
do in USBPcapCMD sometime soon.