Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap

Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 10:30:00 -0400
I created an Extcap driver in Windows and noticed a few things:

1. Configuration is only passed if I launch interfaceSettings from opening Window.  It is not saved or passed to driver every time.  Is the driver supposed to save the last configuration passed to it?
2. My extcap driver is a console executable that is not "hidden" and comes up over top of Wireshark while capturing (which is visually ugly).  Perhaps the Windows API used should be similar to dumpcap (CreateProcess instead of g_spawn_async).  It seems CreateProcess has the ability to hide dumpcap's console Window.

I wasn't sure if these were Bugs or Features and I needed to adapt my driver accordingly.  The overall functionality of Extcap is really nice though.

Michael