Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Packet field as multiple lines

From: Jay Turner <jayrturner99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 11:23:09 -0500
I have a multi-byte field that I translate to ASCII and display as multiple lines in the dissection.

When there is one line it is associated with an hf_register_info and I can filter on the abbreviation.

When there are multiple lines the same proto_tree_add_string_format used multiple times on the same hf_register_info created the display, but searching failed. Only <field-abbr>=="" succeeded. So I dynamically created an array of hf_register_info structs with unique field Ida but with the same abbreviation. These also displayed well, but couldn't be searched.

How do I create lines of fields for data that I can use in a filter?

--
Jay Turner
Contact: 214-587-7364