Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark on MAC

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:49:39 -0700
On 9/30/14 3:20 PM, Anders Broman wrote:

> Den 30 sep 2014 23:01 skrev "Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>>

>> On Sep 25, 2014, at 1:31 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

>> > That might be a consequence of
>> >
>> >       https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-35256
>> >
>> > which is a bit painful to work around; I'll see if I have a script
> that fixes the .pc files.
>>
>> OK, the attached script worked with the Qt binary package that was
> installed by the network installer on my Yosemite GM virtual machine.
> It attempts to find the Qt installation and, if it does, attempts to
> find the .pc files for that installation and fix them.
>>
>> Note that you must make sure that PATH include the pathname of the
> directory containing the Qt command-line tools such as moc and that
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH include the pathname of the directory containing the Qt
> pkgconfig files.  If you built and installed Qt from source, that may be
> the case by default, but if you installed a binary package - which,
> unless you have a very fast machine or are willing to wait a long time
> for macosx-setup.sh to finish, I'd recommend that you do - it won't be
> the case by default.  (I have a rather elaborate bit of code run by my
> .profile that attempts to find the Qt installation - that's where I got
> the code in the script - and set up PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH.)
>
> On my vanilla mac, I have just instalked xcode and ran the
> macosx-setup.sh script, nothing else as I hoped that was all that was
> required...

I've been using Qt Creator + CMake on OS X for a while now (that is,
opening the top level CMakeLists.txt in Qt Creator instead of
ui/qt/Wireshark.pro). It needs to run CMake more often than I would like
but otherwise works well.

CMake can generate XCode projects as well but it didn't work very well
the last time I tried it.