Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 'Virtual' subtree

From: Simon Zhong <szhong.jnpr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:04:45 -0400
Thanks guys, I will give it a try.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM, <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can group fields in whatever way makes sense for your protocol, it doesn't always have to be flat or a "real" field (or a "real" structure).  I would think that you would just call proto_tree_add_subtree() and pass it the title of <svec-list> or <request-list>.  You may have to call proto_item_set_len later on the proto_item* populated by proto_tree_add_subtree() so that the bytes are correctly highlighted.