Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark on MAC

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:56:37 +0200
On Monday 29 September 2014 21:09:22 Anders Broman wrote:
> Well for a cmake newbie it would help with an example of which parameters
> to use...

Typically you have a build directory separate from your code. Minimal example:

    mkdir build && cd build
    cmake $path_to_srcdir
    make
    # Build artifacts are now in run/

Options can be added with -DVAR=VAL, for example: -DENABLE_QT5=0 (to disable
Qt5), -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug (defaults to RelWithDebInfo).

Alternatively you can use cmake-gui:

    mkdir build && cd build
    cmake-gui $path_to_srcdir
    # Press Configure, select stuff, press Generate
    make

--
Kind regards,
Peter