Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark on MAC

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:27:20 -0700
On Sep 25, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> drwxr-xr-x  107 root  wheel  3638 Sep 25 10:34 /usr/local/bin

Yup, the script needs to be fixed to sudo those two commands.

Try doing

	sudo mv /usr/local/bin/libtool /usr/local/bin/glibtool
	sudo mv /usr/local/bin/libtoolize /usr/local/bin/glibtoolize

and then try re-running the autogen script - hopefully, the failure of the two mv commands didn't cause the entire script to stop running at that point, so that it at least built and installed everything after that.

(If you're curious, the problem is that OS X has a "libtool" command unrelated to GNU libtool, possibly inherited from NeXTStEP, so, back when Apple - and NeXT? - shipped GNU libtool, they renamed it to "glibtool" to avoid the collision.  macosx-setup.sh will do the same, to avoid collisions with the system libtool and to have autogen.sh's workaround for the rename continue to work.)