Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows Buildbot Failures

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:48:17 -0700
On 9/25/14 10:59 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:
> On 25 September 2014 18:54, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:eapache@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Anybody know why they started? It happened on one of my commits, but
>     as far as I can tell the error is
>
>              'C:\cygwin\bin\python2' is not recognized as an internal or
>     external command,
>
>     which doesn't look related to my changes...
>

> In general Windows builds should be picking up the native Windows python
> as the cygwin one is pretty slow.

For some reason CMake seems to be really good at finding Cygwin's Python
instead of the python.org Python even though c:\Python27 comes before
c:\cygwin\bin in PATH on the Windows builders. The problem is that
Cygwin's python.exe is a symlink, which doesn't work too well when
called outside Cygwin:

As part of yesterday's "upgrade all copies of Bash everywhere"[1]
exercise I upgraded all of the Cygwin packages on the Windows builders.
This included a Python upgrade, which is required by AsciiDoc. I'll see
if I can force CMake to find the right executable using
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE but it would be nice if it could figure things out
on its own.

[1] If have Bash installed anywhere, drop what you're doing and upgrade
it now. http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-6271