Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] changes to gtk\main_filter_toolbar.c not shown while buildin

From: Ateeth Kumar Thirukkovulur <ateethkumar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:42:19 -0500
Yes i tried ./wireshark also….
It still does not run the development version.

My steps after I changed the gtk\main_filter_toolbar.c:
mkdir build
cd build
./configure —with-gtk2=yes —with-qt=no
make
sudo ./wireshark

Also it creates the object file without errors:
CC       libgtkui_a-main_filter_toolbar.o

On Sep 24, 2014, at 2:37 PM, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Le 24 sept. 2014 21:28, "Ateeth Kumar" <ateethkumar@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I am building wireshark in ubuntu from source code.
>
> I am using GTK2 to build wireshark and therefore I use:
> ./configure --with-gtk2=yes --with-qt=no
> However any changes to the gtk\main_filter_toolbar.c are not reflected to the wireshark application when i "make" and run "sudo wireshark".

With such a command you might be running a globally installed Wireshark instead of the one you just compiled. Did you try "./wireshark" instead?