Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Question about capturing from multiple interfaces that have

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:49:00 +1000
Herb,

I think think you will find on HP c7000 blades paired with with Virtual Connect modules, the teaming is still done via Windows drivers - HP provides these drivers as part of the standard install. Virtual Connect drivers can present NICs (network interfaces) in different configurations (obviously binding to different VLANs, as well as even setting throughput) on these entities known as FlexNICs. While they have advanced configuration capability, the network interfaces are still presented as NICs, and the drivers need to do the normal interface between hardware and the OS. If you have found an issue you really need to isolate it down to the minimum configuration that causes the issue, and raise the issue through your normal HP .support channels

(Disclaimer: I work for HP, but not in the Windows/Proliant Server business, but in the enterprise network consulting side of things).