Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Question about capturing from multiple interfaces that have the

From: "Herb Falk <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <Herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:44:28 +0000

There appears to be an issue with Wireshark capturing information from interfaces that have the same MAC Address.  Does somebody know if this is an issue, or where the code for interface/MAC address binding is?

My particular situation is a “failover” situation where both NICs have been configured with the same MAC Address, but only one is actively receiving/transmitting at a time.

Herbert Falk

Solutions Architect

SISCO, INC.

6605 19 ½ Mile Rd.

Sterling Heights, MI 48314

(586) 254-0020 x-105

cid:image003.png@01CE7CB7.EBC8FC40

"In matters of style, swim with the current;   in matters of principle, stand like a rock." [Thomas Jefferson]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have  received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,  disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,  please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.