Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Usage of BASE_CUSTOM

From: Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:45:34 +0200
Hi all,

In a code review I was told to use proto_tree_add_item and BASE_CUSTOM to replace this deprecated call:

      proto_tree_add_text(rtps_parameter_tree, tvb, offset, param_length,
        "productVersion: %d.%d%c rev%d",
        major, minor, release, revision);

I have been looking for documentation or guidelines but I can't find anything. Can anyone help me with this? What would be the change? Pointing me to any doc would be OK also.

Thanks,
Juanjo