Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cmake qt build

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:10:35 -0700
On 8/27/14 2:28 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
> On 08/27/14 16:57, Evan Huus wrote:
>> On master, cmake seems to still be building "wireshark" for gtk and
>> "qtshark" for qt. Should that be "wireshark" for qt and
>> "wireshark-gtk" or "wireshark-legacy" for gtk?

+1. Unfortunately each time I make a change in that direction it seems
like someone complains. :)

> Or "wireshark" for gtk and "wireshark-qt" for qt (like autofoo)?

We've been telling users that the main executable is named "wireshark"
for the past 8 years. Is there a compelling reason to tell them that
it's now named "wireshark-qt"?

> (Note: changing the autofoo names would also require updating at least
> the RPM generation stuff.)

We need to update test/suite-capture.sh and test/clopts.sh as well.