Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master 64cd827: Have dissect_usb_setup_r

From: Martin Kaiser <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:26:31 +0200
Hi Sean,

Thus wrote Stalley, Sean (sean.stalley@xxxxxxxxx):

> I think we should discuss how to clean up the usb dissector. It seems
> like we are running into the "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario.

So far, our changes co-existed nicely. Now's the first time they were in
conflict ;-)

> My primary goal has been to reuse as much of the USB dissector as
> possible for the MA USB dissector.

> I've been trying to simplify/modularize dissect_usb_common() along the
> way, but if I'm just getting in the way let me know.

I appreciate your work, the USB dissector definitely needs more cleanup.

As I said in the previous mail, I'd like to reduce the number of state
variables and simplify the execution flow (there's too many conditions
and branches).

I'll upload some more changes tomorrow.

Best regards,
Martin