Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:05:21 +0100
On 22 August 2014 14:51, Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I've just commited a fixed version.
I think I did something wrong. In the review system it is shown as a new
version.

I used:
git commit -a
git review

As I noted on the review, I think you must have removed the Change-ID: line from the commit message that Gerrit uses to track a new patch set for an existing change.

You should have used `git commit --amend` to commit and use the existing commit message.  See the "Amending a change" section in http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches

To recover this, we can either consider the latest change as the "primary" change and abandon the older one (which would effectively throw away Bill's fine comments) or abandon the new change and resubmit your changes as a new patch set to the older change.

--
Graham Bloice