Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:22:23 +0100
On 22 August 2014 10:18, Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 22 August 2014 00:03, Graham Bloice wrote:

> Create a batch file containing something like:
>
> REM Environment setup for Wireshark using VS2010
> set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
> set WIRESHARK_BASE_DIR=E:\Wireshark
> set WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM=win32
> set QT5_BASE_DIR=C:\qt\Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win32-ws
> set VisualStudioVersion=10.0
> set WIRESHARK_VERSION_EXTRA=-GMB
>
> Adjusting as appropriate for your environment, and you shouldn't need to
> touch config.nmake except for real changes to it.  Note that the
> VisualStudioVersion env var isn't required for VS2012 onwards (it's added
> automagically by the VC batch files), and we're moving to VS2013 for master
> so you should try to move to that as well if you aren't already there.

I'm using VS2010EE, and I have just tested that it isn't needed to
change config.nmake. I remeber there was a time where it was needed.

I've got another question to working on the comments in the review system:

Is it good style to push every fixed comment as a single commit, or
should I work on all comments, and commit them together as once, with
multiple comments?

I've looked into older git comments in the review system, but did't
found a nice review process with commits, to look what style you prefer.

IMHO, I'd prefer to see reviewer lead changes in one lump as diffing each patch set could be tedious.  I'm basically reviewing the final patch as will be merged to master.  Others may have a different view.

--
Graham Bloice