Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:18:57 +0200
On 22 August 2014 00:03, Graham Bloice wrote:

> Create a batch file containing something like:
>
> REM Environment setup for Wireshark using VS2010
> set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
> set WIRESHARK_BASE_DIR=E:\Wireshark
> set WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM=win32
> set QT5_BASE_DIR=C:\qt\Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win32-ws
> set VisualStudioVersion=10.0
> set WIRESHARK_VERSION_EXTRA=-GMB
>
> Adjusting as appropriate for your environment, and you shouldn't need to
> touch config.nmake except for real changes to it.  Note that the
> VisualStudioVersion env var isn't required for VS2012 onwards (it's added
> automagically by the VC batch files), and we're moving to VS2013 for master
> so you should try to move to that as well if you aren't already there.

I'm using VS2010EE, and I have just tested that it isn't needed to
change config.nmake. I remeber there was a time where it was needed.

I've got another question to working on the comments in the review system:

Is it good style to push every fixed comment as a single commit, or
should I work on all comments, and commit them together as once, with
multiple comments?

I've looked into older git comments in the review system, but did't
found a nice review process with commits, to look what style you prefer.

--
Thomas