Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:33:30 -0400
On 08/21/14 16:00, Thomas Wiens wrote:
What is the best way to share samples for my dissector, in the wireshark
wiki? Should I create a site for this protocol, although it's only in
review?

A site for your protocol would be good but the sample captures should go on the SampleCaptures page--I think the fuzz-bot only picks up files off of that wiki page for testing.

Another common way of sharing capture files is to open a bug (which can also be used to track the status of your new dissector--e.g., a user who might be interested in your protocol might search the bug database and be happy to find there's a bug that's IN_PROGRESS). If you say "Bug: XYZ" in your commit message then Gerrit will automatically close the bug when your change is merged.