Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:21:29 +0200
On 21 August 2014 21:10, Jeff Morriss wrote:

> What does "git status" say at this point?

Thomas@VORTEX /c/Development/wireshark (s7comm)
$ git status
On branch s7comm
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

        modified:   config.nmake

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

should I do
git checkout -- config.nmake
?

But then I'll always have to change it when I want to build wireshark on
my own.

Sorry for my 'dumb' questions, I've no experience with git and only
single-user experience with svn. Building a wireshark dissector is
easier than getting through git...