Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Petri-Dish +1 gives an error: needs code review

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:48:08 -0400
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Graham Bloice
<graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 15 August 2014 20:17, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> One thing I've noticed about the Petri-Dish flag in Gerrit is that every
>> time I set it to +1 I get an error saying "needs code review."  Since Chris
>> just noticed and complained about that too (on change 3624) I thought I'd
>> mention it here.
>>

> I haven't seen that when I've set the Petri-dish flag.

I haven't seen that either.

> I do have difficulty forcing a subsequent Petri-Dish build after the first
> one though, does anyone know the incantations for that?

If you upload a new patch version then the flag is reset and you can
trigger again normally on the new version. If you want to retrigger on
the same version for some reason, you should be able to reset the flag
to 0, then back to +1 and it should get picked up.

> Also re. Chris's comment on 3624, I don't think we have auto-merge running
> yet.  The item has to be at + 2 and then you can hit the Submit button.
> There is no mandatory Petri-Dish flag yet.

Yes, currently the only requirement for submission is a core dev +2.

Eventually we will also require a Verified+1, though that may be set
manually by -core or by petridish.

Eventually eventually we may limit Verified+1 to petridish only.