Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot Man Page Generation

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:18:47 -0700
On 8/13/14 4:00 AM, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> On Aug 10, 2014, at 7:06, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Evan,

The =encoding line is between a "=begin man / =end man" pair and so only
applies to man page generation. We might want to remove that restriction
since our input is always guaranteed to be UTF-8.

>>> This is the lts-1.8.2 branch but the builds are shown on trunk's buildbot.
>>> I updated the LTS branches before releasing the update to Debian in a
>>> hope that the patched could be fuzz-tested by the buildbots, but I
>>> think LTS branches are not fuzz-tested.
>>> I have fixed a few build problems along the security fixes, but did
>>> not have time to fix this one, too.
>>
>> Ah ok. I wonder why lts branch builds are showing up on the master Buildbot...?
> Strange...

I added a match for "lts-*" at Sharkfest so that Balint's commits would
be tested. We probably need a separate (and perhaps Linux-only) "lts"
buildbot.

> I think, need to see to modify buildbot trunk to follow git repertory
> (and no Gerrit with all merge/ref-update/patch-set...)

It's on my to-do list.