Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error when running "nmake -f makefile.nmake packaging" on wi

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:55:31 +0000

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Quantin
Sent: den 11 augusti 2014 13:46
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error when running "nmake -f makefile.nmake packaging" on win7 64 with MSVC 2012

Invalid command: Split-Path

!include: error in script: "qt-dll-manifest.nsh" on line 1

Error in script "wireshark.nsi" on line 791 -- aborting creation process

qt-dll-manifest.nsh:

Split-Path : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null.

At C:\xxx\trunk\packaging\nsis\windeployqt-to-nsis.ps1:23 char:22

+     $dir = Split-Path <<<<  -Parent $entry

    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Split-Path], ParameterBindingV

   alidationException

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,M

   icrosoft.PowerShell.Commands.SplitPathCommand

File "..\..\wireshark-qt-release\"

File /r "..\..\wireshark-qt-release\"

Ideas?

Regards

Anders

Hi Anders,

according to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh849809%28v=wps.620%29.aspx, Split-Path should work with PowerShell 2.0 onwards.

What do you get when typing $PSVersionTable.PSVersion in PowerShell? On my side I have version 3.0 and the windeployqt-to-nsis.ps1 script works fine.

Pascal.

PS C:\wireshark-git> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision

-----  -----  -----  --------

2      0      -1     -1

PS C:\wireshark-git> Split-Path

PS C:\wireshark-git> Split-Path

cmdlet Split-Path at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

Path[0]: some\path\string\foo\bar

Path[1]: some\path\string\

Path[2]:

some\path\string\foo