Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to support wireshark w/o having an OpenID

From: Kevin Cox <kevincox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 16:05:57 -0400
On 09/08/14 12:51, Toralf Förster wrote:
> My question is rather, whether it is mandatory to register at one of
> the big IT players or if an email address would be sufficient.
You don't need to register at "one of the big IT players", I think that
Wireshark gerrit is set up to accept any OpenID provider.  However I
believe you are asking if you can sign up with just an email and I'm
pretty sure the answer is no because gerrit doesn't do its own
authentication.

Basically the story is—as currently set up—you need an OpenID but who
your provider is doesn't matter, you can use a public service or set
your own up but it has to be OpenID.

Sorry if that doesn't suit you, maybe you could start a discussion about
alternate authentication methods however gerrit doesn't support much.[0]

[0]
https://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.1/config-gerrit.html#auth

Cheers,
Kevin