Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can we now assume IPv6 support on all target OSes?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 23:59:47 +0200
On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 11:20:08AM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> Currently, there are a few bits of code in Wireshark that check, at compile time, whether INET6 is defined.
>
> For Windows nmake builds, we appear to hard-wire INET6 to be defined; the user would have to edit config.nmake to turn it off.
>
> For autotools builds, we go through a long series of tests for various flavors of IPv6 support.
>
> For CMake builds, we appear to hard-wire INET6 to be defined.
>
> Is there any reason to continue to try to handle OSes with no IPv6 support, or should we just get rid of the INET6 #define and unconditionally include the code that it currently controls?

IIRC we talked about that some time ago (or maybe I just wanted to do that ;)
IMO we should set it to always defined for now and restore detection in case
of (valid) complaints. I don't yet count the fact that I haven't seen any cmake
complaints about this. If no complaints come along we should remove the precompiler
stuff on about 3-4 months.

Ciao
     Jörg