Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master 43a81b6: Add some information on

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:12:11 +0200
On Thursday 31 July 2014 20:04:52 Evan Huus wrote:
> FWIW this issue also makes it impossible to run parts of the test suite
> from an out-of-tree build, which can be problematic.

Which part exactly? I can run most of the test-suite with an OOT build using:

WS_BIN_PATH=/tmp/wsbuild/run ./test.sh -s $suite

Some things fail for me, but that seems unrelated to the build dir:

clopts testing because unprivileged users still have a dbus capture interface)
2.4.1 Step: Invalid permissions for dumpcap parameter -D, exit status must be
2
"Invalid permissions for dumpcap parameter -D, exit status must be 2" Failed!
exit status: 0
./testout.txt:1. dbus-system
./testout.txt:2. dbus-session

1.1 Step: Name resolution, no external, no profile hosts, global profile
"Name resolution, no external, no profile hosts, global profile" Failed!
Failed to resolve 8.8.8.8 using global hosts file.

This fails because the hosts file is copied to /tmp/wsbuild/run/, but
Wireshark is looking in the source directory:
open("/tmp/wireshark/hosts", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

LUA?
---- Testing Dir.open ----
tshark: Lua: Error during loading:
 [string "/home/peter/projects/wireshark/test/lua/dir.l..."]:130: attempt to
call global 'typeof' (a nil value)
test Dir.open-31...passed
test Dir.open-32...passed

"wslua dir" Failed!