Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-announce] Wireshark 1.12.0rc3 is now available

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:18:48 -0700
On Jul 30, 2014, at 2:35 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "git-export-release.sh" is missing:
>  - ./configure, install-sh, other Autotoolery
>  - Files generated using Bison/Flex
>  - help/faq.txt
>  - packaging/macosx/Info.plist
>  - plugins/*/plugin.c
>  - ui/*/*shark-tap-register.c

Can that be rewritten as:

	"git-export-release.sh" is missing:
	 - Everything not checked into Git

This means its output is unacceptable for a release tarball (one purpose of which is to allow people running on a platform for which there's no binary Wireshark distribution to build a given release of Wireshark from source with as few extra tools installed as possible, so it should include a number of things built *from* source checked into Git).