Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] buildbot troubles

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:07:11 -0700
On Jul 29, 2014, at 12:47 PM, Martin Kaiser <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> gcc: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program as)
> Please submit a full bug report,

> Any idea what's going wrong here?

The GNU assembler ("program as", presumably meaning "the program with the name 'as'", not "program as (if your life depended on it)" or "program as (a ninja)" or...), has a bug that causes it to crash (dereference a null pointer, dereference a bad pointer, etc.).

Unfortunately, that's the assembler that comes with the version of Ubuntu used by that buildbot.