Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] O2 compile option makes it difficult to debug.

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:14:50 +0100
What issues are you facing?  I debug O2 code all the time, including profile guided optimised builds as well without too much difficulty.  The most common problem is frame pointer omission making local variables and function parameters tough to locate.  The /d2Zi+ switch (or /Zo for VS2013 Update 3) can help.  See http://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/debugging-optimized-codenew-in-visual-studio-2012/ for more info.