Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Updates to developers guide for Windows

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 07:36:05 +0200
Le 16/07/2014 00:18, Guy Harris a �crit :
> On Jul 15, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm going to add some info to the developers guide for building with VS2013, I'll probably add VS2012 although MS seems to regard that as dead as the EE version isn't available any more.
>>
>> Any objections if I remove all the stuff about ancient compilers pre VS2010?
> Can those older compilers compile the current Wireshark source?
>
> And will they run on XP or later, and can they build for XP or later?
>
> If not, we should *definitely* nuke them, as I don't think we currently support building for anything prior to XP, and I'm not sure we even support building *on* XP any more.

For now master still builds/runs on Windows XP using MSVC2010. But this
is no more officially supported, so it will stop at some point. Moreover
2 of our third party packages (Lua and Qt) depends on MSVC2010 or later,
so it makes sense to drop earlier compilers I guess.

Pascal.