Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Updates to developers guide for Windows

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:18:13 -0700
On Jul 15, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm going to add some info to the developers guide for building with VS2013, I'll probably add VS2012 although MS seems to regard that as dead as the EE version isn't available any more.
>
> Any objections if I remove all the stuff about ancient compilers pre VS2010?

Can those older compilers compile the current Wireshark source?

And will they run on XP or later, and can they build for XP or later?

If not, we should *definitely* nuke them, as I don't think we currently support building for anything prior to XP, and I'm not sure we even support building *on* XP any more.