Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Backport request for proto_tree_add_subtree[_format]

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 23:54:59 -0400 (EDT)
The proto_tree_add_subtree[_format] code refactoring was very intentionally post-1.12 and I don't see much point to just having the API there without it. Further refactoring of specific dissectors like SSL and DTLS probably won't be backported either, but if it is breaking a proto_tree_add_subtree back into its original proto_tree_add_text + proto_item_add_subtree doesn't seem that hard to do.