Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Backport request for proto_tree_add_subtree[_format]

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 23:32:39 +0200

Le 10 juil. 2014 23:19, "Peter Wu" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to have the proto_tree_add_subtree and
> proto_tree_add_subtree_format functions backported to master-1.12. Any objects
> to that? It is only a new addition to the API, so it should be pretty safe.
>
> It should make backporting changes easier. (read: backport a refactoring (WIP)
> to reduce code duplication in the SSL and DTLS dissectors.)

IMHO we have already waited too long to freeze 1.12 content and while those code refactoring are nice to have, they do not seem mandatory for the new stable branch.
We should only apply bugfixes from now and publish a new RC followed shortly by the final 1.12.0 release. If there are blocker bugs, we should identify them ASAP.

Just my 2 cents,
Pascal.