Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is there any reason to give our libraries "libXXX.{dll, lib}" na

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 18:06:49 -0700
On UN*X, the file names for libraries begin with "lib" - the linkers all look for "libfoo.*" if you link with "-lfoo".

On Windows, that's not the case.

Is there any reason for us to put "lib" at the beginning of the file names for the wsutil, wiretap, wireshark, etc. libraries?  I infer from

	https://code.wireshark.org/review/2957

that CMake might, by default, not put "lib" there, requiring us to, in the CMake build, force it to be there on Windows by adding some stuff to the CMakeLists.txt files.