Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Should dissect_tcp_pdus be used as much as possible?

Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 13:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
Yes I think tcp_dissect_pdus should be used as much as possible.  I even made a list (at least a few months ago) of "potential" dissectors that could be converted:

packet-banana.c
packet-beep.c - maybe
packet-bzr.c
packet-cigi.c
packet-classicstun.c
packet-distcc.c
packet-dtn.c
packet-dtpt.c
packet-elcom.c
packet-fcip.c
packet-gdsdb.c
packet-hartip.c
packet-ipsi-ctl.c
packet-kingfisher.c - maybe
packet-ldp.c
packet-llrp.c
packet-mikey.c
packet-ms-mms.c
packet-msdp.c
packet-ntp.c
packet-omapi.c - maybe (but probably not)
packet-pptp.c
packet-rsip.c
packet-rtsp.c - maybe
packet-tds.c
packet-tpkt.c
packet-vicp.c
packet-vnc.c
packet-x11.c
packet-zebra.c

There may be more and some of these may have already been converted (although I doubt it), but I figured it was a good starting point.

You're welcome to work on any of them.  It was a project I thought about doing, but never got started.

Michael