Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Cryptoshark?

From: Ole André Vadla Ravnås <oleavr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 00:05:05 +0200
Hi all,

Was just wondering if there could be upstream interest in integrating
API-level tracing in Wireshark? (As an addition to network-level
sniffing.) Here's an example app:
https://medium.com/@oleavr/build-a-debugger-in-5-minutes-1-5-51dce98c3544

It would be relatively straight-forward to hook platform-specific
crypto APIs to be able to look at the data before encryption / after
decryption. What I'm wondering is basically whether this fits
architecturally and with Wireshark's mission.

Best,
Ole André