Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Q: tshark memory usage
From: Kurt Knochner <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 17:42:24 +0200
Hi,

I have a question regarding the memory usage of tshark, if it is running for a very long time.
Basically, I expected tshark to crash after some time, due to the
known 'out-of-memory' problem, but a user on ask.wireshark.org claims
that this does not happen, even after running tshark continuously for
6 months and I don't really understand why.
Please read my question on ask.wireshark.org regarding this issue.

http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/34035/tshark-memory-usage

Any ideas, based on the information in that question? Maybe the user did not provide the full information, but nevertheless I would like to know if my assumption is right or wrong and in either case why.
Thanks!

Kurt