Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 44802: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/diss

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 23:12:28 +0200
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:10 AM,  <morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  tcp.data already exists for exposing a single TCP segment's payload as a byte
>  array. It would be handy to have something similar for a single application
>  layer PDU when TCP segment reassembly is involved. I propose
>  tcp.reassembled.data, named and placed after the already existing field
>  tcp.reassembled.length.

What is the functional difference between tcp.segments and tcp.reassembled.data?

They both provide the reassembled data, and I think this looks like a
duplicate field.
Or do I miss something here?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking about this when
implementing reassembled.length, but found the existing field
(hf_fragments) sufficient for all practical use.  And yes, I know this
question is a bit late :)

--
Stig Bjørlykke